I adore these little penguins!
This card was a little involved even though it appears like a pretty basic design... here is what I did:
- Fill large bowl with water and scrape pastels (chalks) into the water using a toothpick. I used blues and purple for this design...
- Cut pieces of cardstock to a size that will be big enough for the image, and that will also fit inside the bowl of water. Lay on surface of the water (with chalk) and remove immediately.
- Iron the cardstock to remove the water and prevent curling.
- Stamp & emboss image
- Trim & layer (I used decorative scissors for the layering)
- For the background: Stamp snowflakes with versamark ink then using a cotton ball loaded with chalk, rub across the stamped images. (Here I used three colors of blue)
- Add the layers to the card and add ribbon.
Although this is a little messy, you get a really fun card!